The Australian Government has announced a range of reforms to improve the higher education sector. These reforms will deliver a more sustainable sector, more choices for students and increase transparency and accountability in higher education. For more information visit the Higher Education Reform Package webpage.
This support is important as the sector makes a fundamental contribution to the future of Australia and our intellectual, economic, cultural and social development. The sector:
- educates our future workforce
- develops our future leaders
- provides jobs for Australians
- facilitates cultural and trade links with other countries
- plays a key role in the growing knowledge and innovation based economy of Australia.
Australian Government budget information
For information about higher education measures announced in past federal budgets, please go to education.gov.au