Resources to help you comply with the Family Assistance Law
The department has prepared a range of resources to help providers comply with the rules. These include:
- A series of educational mini videos to help providers and services to understand their obligations under the Family Assistance Law.
- Child Care Provider Handbook (the Handbook): a guide to the requirements and responsibilities of early learning and child care providers and services approved under Family Assistance Law
- Child Care Compliance Obligations (from 2 July 2018): a reference guide to support and assist approved providers to understand their obligations
- Family Day Care Education and Support Project: additional education and support for Family Day Care providers
- Help using the Child Care Subsidy System: including recording child enrolment and attendance information
- Information on Child Swapping: a web page containing information for families and providers
- The Department sends regular email newsletters which cover important information related to the child care package. If you would like to receive these newsletters please subscribe here.
New resources on a range of topics will be added to the website as they become available. For the latest additions, please subscribe to weekly emails and visit the website regularly.
Help us keep the system fair
We encourage everyone, including members of the public, to help us ensure child care payments are only made to those who are entitled to receive them – not to people who 'accidentally' or intentionally set out to exploit the system.
If you think a child care service or an individual is doing the wrong thing or is trying to get an unfair advantage, please contact us – you don't even have to give us your name – by:
- phoning us on 1800 664 231
- emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Care Financial Integrity Strategy (Integrity Strategy)
The Integrity Strategy summarises the department's approach to ensuring child care funding is being properly administered by providers. The Integrity Strategy also details the principles that support the department to make fair and consistent decisions in response to financial integrity matters.
The Integrity Strategy will help you understand the department's expectations, potential intervention responses and the assistance we provide to help providers, services, educators and families gain the necessary skills and knowledge to comply with the law.
If you have any questions about child care financial integrity, please email email@example.com.
Child Care Enforcement Action Register
The Child Care Enforcement Action Register contains a list of services that have been penalised for breaking the law. The Register provides details about each service and the reason for imposing the penalty.
Where to go if you have Child Care Subsidy questions
If you have any questions about the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) or the Child Care Subsidy System (CCSS), the CCS Helpdesk is available from 9am-5pm AEST Monday to Friday:
- Phone: 1300 667 276
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org