We issue public reports about early childhood education and care in Australia.
On this page:
We issue a summary of information about the child care sector in Australia each quarter. The reports include data on:
- the number of children and families using approved care
- the number of Indigenous families using care
- the cost of care
- the number and types of services in Australia.
Australian Early Development Census
The Australian Early Development Census (AEDC) measures how children have developed by the time they start school.
- Read key findings from the 2021 AEDC
- Learn how the data is collected
National Workforce Census
The National Workforce Census helps us develop and measure policies and programs for the early childhood sector.
- Learn about the 2021 census
- Read previous census findings