The Australian Government has a range of initiatives to support the early childhood education and care workforce. The initiatives aim to attract, develop and retain high-quality early childhood teachers and educators.
On this page:
National Workforce Strategy
A 10-year National Children’s Education and Care Workforce Strategy aims to foster a sustainable and high-quality workforce of early childhood teachers and educators.
- Read the strategy
- See short, medium and long-term actions
- Discover next steps for implementing the strategy
National Workforce Census
The National Workforce Census helps us develop and measure policies and programs for the early childhood sector.
- Learn about the 2021 census
- Read previous census findings
Discount for early childhood workforce
Providers can choose to offer a discounted fee to educators they employ whose children are enrolled at one of their services.
- See who can get a discount
- Understand how to offer and report a discount
- Read an example
Support for providers
Find initiatives aimed at providers, including:
- help identifying and preparing job seekers
- help filling entry-level roles
- opportunities to exhibit at a jobs fair
- wage support for apprentices and trainees.
Support for educators and teachers
Find initiatives aimed at early childhood educators and teachers, including:
- financial help for very remote teachers
- relocation assistance
- mental health resources.