Find workforce initiatives for early childhood education and care providers.
On this page:
Professional development opportunities for the early childhood education and care workforce
There are new measures to support the early childhood education and care workforce.
The professional development subsidy, paid practicum subsidy and practicum exchange are designed to strengthen skills and professional experience and encourage long-term staff engagement.
Support a job seeker into the workforce
The Launch into Work program can help you identify and prepare job seekers with the right values and attributes for entry-level roles in early childhood.
Services with multiple entry-level vacancies can work with us to co-design and deliver a pre-employment project for job seekers.
These projects include training, work experience and mentoring to help job seekers move into sustainable employment in your business.
Find job seekers in your region
The Local Jobs Program focuses on upskilling, reskilling and establishing employment pathways for job seekers in 51 regions.
Employment facilitators are available to work with you to develop employment and training opportunities in your region.
Get help hiring staff
Workforce Australia is a government employment service that supports business and industry with tailored recruitment and workforce planning. Through Workforce Australia you can:
- advertise your jobs online at no cost
- get personalised end-to-end support through a national network of providers
- access a range of complimentary support providing local, workforce and industry solutions.
Workforce Australia for Business can help you:
- advertise vacancies and find and shortlist candidates all in one place
- connect with a Workforce Australia or Apprenticeship Network provider in your area
- build skills and employment pathways for individuals to meet your businesses needs
- get information on
- financial help to hire staff
- help to train or trial your next staff member
- workforce planning and market insight
- learn more about the department’s programs and services for businesses and industries.
Wage support for apprentices and trainees
You may be eligible for financial assistance from the Australian Government to help with hiring, training and retaining an apprentice or trainee.
The Australian Apprenticeships Incentive System encourages developing trainees in priority occupations, including early childhood education and care.