Acceptable Use Policy
Rules for all contributors
You must agree to and abide by the Acceptable Use Policy when contributing your views to this Facebook Page. In making your contribution to this page, you agree that you will not use this page to take any of the following actions:
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. Making false, misleading or deceptive representations that you are another person or character can amount to a criminal offence and give rise to civil liability;
- Abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- Post any misleading, deceptive, false, defamatory or libellous content;
- Post insulting, threatening or provocative language, or language that is hateful towards a certain group of people;
- Post content to incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristics;
- Post inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene or indecent content;
- To conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity;
- To contribute any text or other material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- Spam your contribution to the page by sending multiple copies or versions of it;
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose unless you have our written consent to do so; and
- Post off-topic, or irrelevant contributions not in keeping with the current topics or themes.
In addition, in making your contribution to this page, you agree that you will not use our page to:
- Post personal website addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or any other personally identifiable information; and
- Collect or store personal information of any other person or group.
The Department of Education and Training reserves the right to:
Contributions must also comply with Facebook’s Terms and Conditions.
The moderation process
When you submit a contribution it will be automatically filtered for inappropriate language then, if approved, posted to this Facebook Page.
What happens to my contribution
All comments posted to this Facebook Page will be analysed and may be used to inform policy advice.
About your contributions
The content of your contributions are, and will be, treated by the Australian Government as non-confidential, public information.
We make no representation or warranty that we will respond to questions or comments contained in your contributions to this Facebook Page. If you seek a formal response from us on a particular matter, please address your request to the postal address or online form notified on the 'Contact Us' page of the Department of Education and Training website (education.gov.au).
Please understand that by submitting a contribution, you accept full responsibility for ensuring that in making your contribution your intellectual property rights are not lost or diminished. This is for your own protection.
The Department of Education and Training (the department) does not warrant that any material or information you contribute will be protected against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties. In particular, the department does not warrant that you will not suffer loss or diminution of any intellectual property rights you currently own or may be able to obtain in relation to any material or information that you contribute.
If your contribution includes material in which the copyright is owned by another person or entity, you warrant that you have obtained all necessary permissions, authorisations, licences and consents required for the use of such materials and have made arrangements for the payment of any royalties or other fees payable in respect of the use of such material.
You agree to indemnify the department against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage or expense (including legal fees) asserted by an third party (including yourself) arising out of a breach of the warranty referred to above or of these terms and conditions.
You grant the department a royalty-free and irrevocable licence to do any act comprised in the copyright (including reproducing, publishing, performing or communicating to the public) in relation to the stories, material or information you contribute.
For more information about how we protect your privacy and personal information, please see our Privacy Statement (education.gov.au/privacy).