Family Day Care
Family Day Care is a flexible form of child care where an approved educator provides care in their own home. To be eligible for CSP funding, Family Day Care services need to be the sole provider of Family Day Care in the area of operation with weighting towards services that provide care in regional, remote or disadvantaged areas. Applicants must also show that there is demand for child care in the area in which they are proposing to operate.
Self-assessment tool checklist
A self-assessment tool checklist has been developed to help Family Day Care services see if they meet the criteria for CSP funding.
To complete the checklist, Family Day Care services will also need to refer to the tables listed below which detail the location and number of Family Day Care services in each area.
- Self-assessment tool checklist
- Table detailing the location of approved services
- Table detailing the number of services in each SA2
- Table detailing the number of services in each SA3
In Home Care
In Home Care is a flexible form of child care where an approved educator provides care in the child's home. Unlike other types of child care (such as Long Day Care and Family Day Care), In Home Care is only available to children under certain circumstances. See In Home Care for more information.
Outside School Hours Care
Outside School Hours Care services provide care before and/or after school and/or during school holidays and pupil-free days.
Occasional Care is centre-based child care that supports families by providing flexible care for children for short periods of time. Families can access occasional care either regularly on a sessional basis, or irregularly.
Approved Occasional Care services must comply with applicable state and territory regulations when providing care to children.
Long Day Care
Long Day Care is a centre-based form of all-day or part-time child care and early learning. For profit and not-for-profit organisations, local councils, community organisations and employers may run these services.
Apply for CSP
Apply for CSP for Long Day Care by completing the CSP1b – Community Support Program Application Form – Long Day Care and Outside School Hours Care.
Apply for CSP for Outside School Hours Care by completing the CSP1b – Community Support Program Application Form – Long Day Care and Outside School Hours Care.
Apply for CSP for Family Day Care by completing the Community Support Program Application Form – Family Day Care.
More information is provided in the following documents, including eligibility requirements and application processes for all of the service types eligible to apply for CSP funding:
- Community Support Program Funding Agreement 2017
- Community Support Program Funding Agreement 2016
- Community Support Program Guidelines 2015
- Community Support Program Payment Rates 2016-17
- Community Support Program Payment Rates 2017-18
- Community Support Program Regional Travel Assistance Grant Claim Form
- CSP1a – Community Support Program Application Form - Family Day Care
- CSP1b – Community Support Program Application Form - Long Day Care and Outside School Hours Care
Phone: 1300 566 046