On 7 November 2019, the Minister for Education, the Hon Dan Tehan MP, announced that the Morrison Government will provide an additional $5 million in funding through the CCCF special circumstances grant. This grant funding will help child care services experiencing financial pressure that puts the service at risk of closure due to the ongoing drought conditions. This program complements a range of initiatives in the Step Up In Drought Budget Support package announced by the Government for drought-hit farmers, small businesses and rural towns.
Community Child Care Fund (CCCF) Special circumstances grant opportunity is intended to support approved child care services that are:
- operating in a disadvantaged or vulnerable community
- experiencing financial pressure and at risk of closure due to an unforeseen event or circumstance (including drought).
How much money can I apply for?
Child care services in drought affected communities are eligible to apply for grant funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) under a streamlined process.
The grant opportunity also allows for applications over $10,000 (excluding GST) where the service demonstrates greater financial need in order to continue providing child care in their community.
Eligible drought affected areas
The drought affected areas list is based on the list of communities identified by the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development for their Drought Communities Programme. The eligible communities were selected based on the level of need, determined using rainfall deficiency data from the Bureau of Meteorology, in conjunction with population and industry data (reliance on agriculture) to assess the overall economic impact of the drought in the region.
If a service is not located in an identified drought affected area and they require financial support, they can contact the CCCF team who can assist with grant funding on other grounds.
How to apply
Before applying, you should read and understand the grant opportunity guidelines.
To apply, fill in the application form (below) and send to CCCFSpecialCircumstances@education.gov.au
- Community Child Care Fund Special Circumstances Guidelines
- Community Child Care Fund Special Circumstances Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Community Child Care Fund Special Circumstances Fact Sheet
- Community Child Care Fund Special Circumstances Application Form - grants over $10,000 (GST excl.)
- Community Child Care Fund Special Circumstances Application Form - grants over $10,000 (GST excl.) - Budget Template
- Community Child Care Fund Special Circumstances Application Form - grants up to $10,000 (GST excl.)
- List of drought affected areas
If you have any questions about this grant opportunity please contact the CCCF team at CCCFSpecialCircumstances@education.gov.au