The program aims to improve skills and job opportunities linked to priority industries in South Australia. The program also creates opportunities for workers in industries experiencing structural adjustment and retrenchment.
Scholarships will be provided to students participating in an approved program of study in one of the following priority industries in South Australia:
- stream 1 - defence industry (including naval shipbuilding)
- stream 2 - advanced manufacturing, health services and medical research, wine and food, resources and energy, tourism and hospitality. Applications will also be accepted from students who intend to study in a field that is relevant to, and are currently employed by, a business with innovative practices that result in economic growth
- stream 3 - South Australian State-based skills needs. Any occupation on the Australian Government Department of Employment's Skills Shortage List for South Australia will be eligible.
There will be two rounds of applications.
- First round applications opened: Thursday 12 October 2017
- First round applications closes: Wednesday 25 October 2017
- A second application round will be held in late 2017
Further information about the Program is available through the Scholarship Support Contractor, Scope Global, by Phone (08) 8364 8572, via email SAScholarships@scopeglobal.com or via the Program website.
Program Guidelines are available at GrantConnect
A Program Factsheet is also available.