Child Care Service Handbook
This handbook provides guidance and assistance to Child Care Benefit approved child care services operating under the CCMS.
Department of Education and Training forms referred to in the Handbook are set out below:
- 08-230 Approval for 24 hour child care for up to 14 periods in a financial year
- 08-229 Application for Child Care Benefit for 24 hour care beyond 14 periods per financial year
- 08-309 Approving Special Child Care Benefit - will my service exceed the 18 per cent limit?
- 08-311a Application for Special Child Care Benefit for a child at risk when a service is eligible for Child Care Benefit (Service SCCB)
- 08-311b Reporting Your Service has given/is giving a Certificate for Special Child Care Benefit (SCCB) for a Child at Risk when a service is eligible for Child Care Benefit (Service SCCB)
- 08-312 Nomination of eligible hours where a child is attending more than one service
- 08-308 Notification of fee reductions that cannot be passed to a family
- 08-310 Approving Special Child Care Benefit - application for a higher limit where 18 per cent limit has been reached
See the Department of Human Services website for up-to-date forms for Claim for Special Child Care Benefit and/or increased weekly limit of hours (FA023) and Registration for Formal Enrolment for families claiming Child Care Benefit as a Lump Sum payment (FA022).
Your feedback about the design and navigation of the online version can help us to improve future editions. Please feel free to email your comments or suggestions to:
email@example.com with the subject line Child Care Services Handbook suggestions explaining your idea and giving your contact details in case we need more information.
To view your CCMS legislative requirements, please go to Comlaw and refer to A New Tax System (Family Assistance) Act 1999 and A New Tax System (Family Assistance) (Administration) Act 1999.