Whether or not an individual is eligible, in respect of a child, for Child Care Subsidy, all Family Day Care services must keep appropriate records.
Keeping a register of care
Family Day Care services must keep a register of any Care of own children or siblings excluded from Child Care Subsidy by a Family Day Care educator. The register must be updated within 14 days after the end of each week in which care was provided.
The register must set out:
- the name of the individual who would otherwise be eligible for Child Care Subsidy (for example, the parent or their partner)
- the name of the Family Day Care educator (whether this is the same individual) and their child care personnel identification number (ID)
- the relevant child and their customer registration number (CRN)
- the enrolment ID for the child
- the service ID
- whether the child is still eligible for Family Day Care because the child is an eligible disability or Inclusion Support Program child, or is a remote area child, or the educator is usually in paid work or formal study at the time care is usually provided.
Care at premises other than the home of the Family Day Care educator
Where a Family Day Care educator provides care at premises other than the educator's residence, a written record must be kept of the address and contact number of the premises.