The key legislation of the Family Assistance Law includes:
- A New Tax System (Family Assistance) Act 1999
- A New Tax System (Family Assistance) (Administration) Act 1999
- Family Assistance Legislation (Jobs for Families Child Care Package) Act 2017.
The following instruments are also relevant to users of this Handbook:
- Child Care Subsidy Minister's Rules 2017 (www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L01464)
- Child Care Subsidy Secretary's Rules 2017 (www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L01463)
- Child Care Subsidy Minister’s Rules 2018 (www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018L00255).
This legislation underpins the commencement of Child Care Subsidy and Additional Child Care Subsidy from 2 July 2018. This replaced Child Care Benefit, Child Care Rebate, Special Child Care Benefit, Grandparent Child Care Benefit, and Jobs, Education and Training Child Care Fee Assistance.