The Executive Board endorsed the Department of Education and Training Technology Strategy 2017–2022 on 7 September 2017. The strategy outlines the planned transformation of the department's technology services and systems.
The strategy sets a direction for providing technology solutions that are modular, less complex, easier to maintain, and more responsive in addressing business needs. Importantly, the strategy outlines our approach for major business transformation projects in the department and sets a new course for the department's technology services by building upon our technology capabilities.
- principle 1: Enterprise based technology decisions
- principle 2: Strategic technology platforms
- principle 3: Information as an enterprise asset
- principle 4: Security by design
- principle 5: Human centred design.
In addition to the principles, the strategy also highlights four key priority areas for the implementation of the strategy through to 2022. These are:
- enabling business transformation
- delivering enterprise technology capability
- organising ourselves for success
- investing in our people.
The department has maintained a focus on these four priority areas, resulting in the recent implementation of a new IT operating model and supporting structure for the delivery of IT services across the department. The operating model follows an industry better practice approach of 'Plan, Build, Run' supporting the improved delivery of innovative and flexible technology services that underpin the core business of the department.