The NQF is a national system for the regulation and quality assessment of child care and early learning services.
It applies to most long day care, family day care, preschool and kindergarten, and outside schools hours care services.
The NQF includes a:
- national legislative framework that creates a uniform approach to the regulation and quality assessment of education and child care services in Australia
- National Quality Standard that sets a national benchmark for the quality of education and care services
- national quality rating and assessment process that rates services against the National Quality Standard
The Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) is the national body that guides and reports on the NQF, while regulatory authorities in each state and territory are responsible for its implementation.
As part of the 2015-16 Budget, the Australian Government allocated $61.1 million over three years to June 2018 to support states and territories to implement the NQF.
Want to know more about the NQF?
- visit the ACECQA website
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 1300 422 327
- contact your state or territory regulatory authority.
Want to know how to get assistance with the cost of child care or search for vacancies, fee information or service ratings?
- visit the MyChild website
- email email@example.com
- call the Child Care Access Hotline on 1800 670 305
Do you have a concern about the service your child attends?
- contact your state or territory regulatory authority